This page is designed for our Brigade Leaders and Participants who are in the process of finalizing their brigades to Honduras. If you would like to learn about Shoulder to Shoulder brigades in general, please visit our main Brigade Page.
Currently scheduled brigades appear on our Brigade Calendar.
How to register a NEW Brigade:
- Brigade Leaders, contact Sharon Mullen at Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the process. Sharon will determine the needs of your brigade, the optimal clinic location for your brigade to volunteer, on-site costs, and scheduling. Sharon will add your brigade to the Shoulder to Shoulder Brigade Calendar and secure your desired dates at the Shoulder to Shoulder clinic site.
- Once your brigade is added to the calendar, you will be contacted by Sue Komarnicki at Fellowship Travel International (email@example.com or 800-235-9384 x112) to begin the process of booking travel to the project site. Fellowship Travel International is responsible for booking travel, collecting registrations, and collection of funds for Shoulder to Shoulder brigades.
- Direct your brigade participants to this page to register for your Brigade!
How to register as an invited participant of a Brigade:
- Read the Brigade Policies.
- Fill out the Application. This link will take you to Fellowship Travel International, our partner that handles all travel arrangements. If your brigade does not appear on the list, please have your Brigade Leader contact FTI. Please note: Physicians, dentists, and nurses, prior to filling out the application please scan a COLOR copy of your professional license (if you have one), the front two pages of your passport, and your diploma. Be prepared to upload these on the application page. Nursing students, please have a scan of your Student ID and passport ready to upload. PDF or Photo formats of the documents are acceptable.
- View the Safety Video.
- Print and take the Customs Letter with you if you are bringing any supplies.
- Review the Unofficial Honduras Packing List and bring any other needed supplies.
How to request an invitation to join a Brigade:
- Review the Brigade Calendar.
- Send an email to Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
a. Your name
b. Name of Brigade you wish to join
c. Your contact information
d. Your anticipated role in the brigade (Med Student, Physician, Dentist, Nurse Student, translator, etc.)
e. Organization or University Affiliation
- Sharon will contact the Brigade Leader to request an invitation for you to join their brigade.
No one will be permitted to travel with Shoulder to Shoulder without completing all the steps above, including viewing the video and submitting and passing the safety quiz.