Waiver of Liability – Hombro a Hombro
I have asked to participate in a medical brigade, in an individual rotation, or otherwise as a volunteer with Hombro a Hombro in Honduras, Central America. I understand that part of my participation involves providing services to under served populations. As such, I understand that I will encounter cultures and laws that are different from those of the U.S. I agree to obey local laws and recognize that common liability insurance policies may not provide coverage outside of the U.S. and Canada. I acknowledge that foreign travel can involve exposure to disease, and I agree that it is my responsibility to obtain appropriate immunizations. I also acknowledge that foreign travel can involve exposure to political and civil dangers, including instances in which missionaries or other foreign travelers have been kidnapped and/or killed. I recognize that Hombro a Hombro and its affiliates cannot control conditions in a foreign country such as Honduras, and I am traveling at my own risk. I agree to purchase evacuation insurance through Shoulder to Shoulder, Inc.I am traveling neither as an employee nor agent of Hombro a Hombro or Shoulder to Shoulder, Inc. I acknowledge that Shoulder to Shoulder, Inc. has no responsibility for my trip to Honduras or my participation as a volunteer and is only acting as an agent of Hombro a Hombro to register and purchase insurance for volunteers who wish to travel to Honduras to participate in a medical brigade, in an individual rotation, or otherwise as a volunteer with Hombro a Hombro in Honduras. In consideration of my participation, for myself, my heirs, executors and assigns, I HEREBY FOREVER WAIVE AND RELINQUISH any and all rights, claims, damages, demands and causes of action against Hombro a Hombro, Shoulder to Shoulder, Inc., each member thereof, present and future, its officers, agents, employees, and volunteers, which I may have or which may arise in the future including, but not limited to, any such accident, illness, injury, death, or property damage. I agree not to make any claim or file a lawsuit against Hombro a Hombro, Shoulder to Shoulder, Inc., any member thereof, present and future, its officers, employees, and/or volunteers for any damage, death or injury which may arise as a result of my participation in or involvement with Hombro a Hombro or any of its affiliates. I agree to indemnify and hold Hombro a Hombro, Shoulder to Shoulder, Inc., each member thereof, present and future, its officers, employees, and volunteers harmless for any and all liability arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, my participation in or involvement with Hombro a Hombro or any of its affiliate partners, including attorney fees.
As well, I agree to the following:
- I will behave in a professional, kind and prudent manner.
- I will comply with the governmental, cultural and moral standards of Honduras.
- For safety reasons, I will remain with the team at all times, especially on public outings, and never travel alone.
- I will inform the team leaders of my plans and whereabouts at all times.
- There will be a daily plan for communication, transportation and leadership and my flexibility and positive attitude will help with all planning. I will ask if I am unclear of any plans.
- Alcohol will not be consumed. Illegal substances of any kind will not be tolerated. No smoking on Hombro a Hombro or Shoulder to Shoulder property.
- Men’s and women’s quarters will be separate and will be off limits to the opposite sex.
- I agree to help the team in whatever duties I am assigned.
- I will comply with the standard evacuation procedure, should this become necessary.
- I will conduct myself professionally with other team members or the locals.
- I will be responsible for my own airline travel unless personal, phone confirmation with the Shoulder to Shoulder staff is made 75 days before travel.
- I agree to abide by the Brigade and Rotator policies found on the Shoulder to Shoulder website.
I agree that this waiver of liability shall forever cover my participation in or involvement with Hombro a Hombro or any of its affiliate partners, now and in the future.
I acknowledge that I have read this release, understand and agree to it’s terms.
(Please remember to use the same email through out the applications process to keep your